Saturday, February 14, 2009

February 14, 2009

Well, here it is February 14, 2009. Happy Valentine's day everyone! I am down another 2 pounds, which makes 9 pounds total since the 10th! I'm very pleased!

Okay, now don't shudder and gasp everyone! I'm doing Kimkins. There has been a lot of negative publicity to it. People talk about it being "not healthy." Well, when I have tried it before, I lost weight, but didn't stick with it, because of other commitments, but let me tell you, for a person who weighs 282 pounds, is facing a family history of heart disease, cancer, and diabetes, all of which can occur because of obesity, THAT is "not healthy."

There may be other ways to lose the weight, but in my opinion, for me, this is the way to go. I cannot stick with a low calorie diet that has no taste and that makes me work long hours just trying to figure out what I'm going to eat, not to mention the time I spend purchasing, preparing to cook, cooking, and then finally sitting down to a big plate of mostly nothing, or worse yet, a small bite of something that is REALLY good, only to find myself having to work up the will power to push away from anymore of that WONDERFUL whatever it was I was eating, because IF I want to lose weight, I can only have this much. So then I go away from the table, sad, depressed, belly growling because I'm still hungry, and have the rest of the time until I can eat again, all that time spent in thinking about my next low calorie, low fat, low salt, low taste meal.

I CAN'T DO THAT!!!!!!!

I am doing what is basically known as Kimkins Experiment. Now before I go any further, I must say, I have modified even Kimkins program, so this is not the exact plan! If you want further information on her plan and the ability to judge for yourself, please click on the link in the upper right corner of my blog. It will take you to the Kimkins website, where you cn get all the information you need and decide for yourself.

Okay, that said, I am basically doing a program called Meat and Eggs. I eat the eggs for breakfast and the meat for supper. Yes, it is most definitely very low calorie. But the breakfast I am eating, is the same breakfast I have eaten for probably 40 of my 50 years!

I eat no veggies and no fruit. Again I must repeat, that is NOT what any low-carb program tells you to do! This is MY choice! BUT! Eating this way I am not hungry, except for just a few minutes before I eat. I can back away from the table because I know, that because my calories are so extremely low, I can go back and either have more eggs or more meat. Eat till you are satisfied. That's what I do. And I am satisfied. Plus I drink my water, and I know everyone says the same thing, but it DOES help!

Well, I promised my menus, so here's what I have done.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009
B: 2 eggs, fried in a small amount of oil
L: 1 Low Carb Slim Fast Shake
S: Venison, about 6 ounces
Water, water, water, water
Supplements: Centrum vitamin, Citracal with magnesium and D(5 tablets), 3 ibuprofen (for my polymyalgia rheumatica).

Wednesday, February 11, 2009
B: 2 eggs, fried in a small amount of oil
L: 1 Low Carb Slim Fast Shake
S: Scrambled ground pork (fried), about 6 ounces.
Water, water, water, water
Supplements: Centrum vitamin, Citracal with magnesium and D(5 tablets), 3 ibuprofen (for my polymyalgia rheumatica).

Thursday, February 12, 2009
B: 2 eggs, fried in a small amount of oil
L: 1 Low Carb Slim Fast Shake
S: 1/2 pork steak, (fried)
Water, water, water, water
Supplements: Centrum vitamin, Citracal with magnesium and D(5 tablets), 3 ibuprofen (for my polymyalgia rheumatica).

Friday, February 13, 2009
B: 2 eggs, fried in a small amount of oil
L: 1 Low Carb Slim Fast Shake
S: Rabbit, about 6 ounces (baked)
Water, water, water, waterSupplements: Centrum vitamin, Citracal with magnesium and D(5 tablets), 3 ibuprofen (for my polymyalgia rheumatica).

As I look at my menus, I see a few things that become a constant. That is my breakfast and lunches are always the same. So are the ideas of water and supplements. The best plan of all (for me) is one that I don't have to do a lot of work at. Something that is incredibly easy to follow and something that can become a routine. Is it boring? No, not for me it isn't. Not after 9 pounds gone! That for me is exciting!

Well, back to my past. I have so many memories, and I'm going to go through a lot of them during the time I blog. But the one main theme I remember is that most of the good times that I have had in my life have all been around food. Seems like we can't do anything without eating while we do it. I'm sure a lot of you are the same.

My mother was an excellent cook.............. at some things! LOLOLOL She could make a mean fried chicken, and mashed potatoes, and buttered whole kernel corn, with chicken gravy, and baking-powder biscuits.

This was our NORMAL Sunday dinner. If someone came in, they grabbed a plate and ate the food, if they didn't come in, we had this same meal until the food was gone. Now, I always liked the white meat, so the breast was mine! Next, I piled a heaping batch of mashed potatoes. Onto that I piled a BUNCH of corn, and then on top of THAT, the gravy so it covered every inch, and of course I had to have at least 2 of those biscuits. Folks, that was before I was even 13 years old.

More coming....................

No comments:

Post a Comment